And just like Tim LOVES vintage muscle cars (as do I)...I also love this colorful Mexican Citrus Salad with Avocado.
Now this is Doug1's car...a
1971 Oldsmobile Cutlass
This has an Oldsmobile V8 engine...
Tim had to check the engine out.
Pretty dang awesome is what Doug1's car is!!!
Now we move along to Doug2's car...a
1967 Pontiac Firebird
Doug2's wife said he bought the car for her but so far she hasn't been able to drive it yet which made me laugh to no end :):)
In between all the cool vintage cars, I snapped a pic of another very vintage vehicle that travels by almost daily...
And of another one...
Tim's 1980 Malibu.
Oh look, it's Tim and our 3 1/2 year old grandson,
Little Boy Blue, driving around the open field...
Little Boy Blue
gets to sit on the go-kart sometimes too.
But now I feel we must get back to this Mexican Citrus Salad with Avocado...this salad is WONDERFUL!!!!
Straight outta www.midwestliving.com
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon finely snipped flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Ground black pepper
- 1 cup bite-size strips peeled jicama
- 1 medium grapefruit, peeled and sectioned*
- 1 medium orange, peeled and sectioned*
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded and cut up
- 3 cups torn Boston or bibb lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces (3 cups)
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas), toasted
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco, soft goat cheese (chevre) or feta cheese
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the lime and orange juice, oil, parsley, shallot and honey. Season with salt and pepper. Add the jicama, grapefruit, orange, red onion and avocado; toss gently to combine.
- Combine the Boston and romaine lettuce in a serving bowl or on a platter. Spoon the dressed ingredients over the lettuce. Top with pumpkin seeds and queso fresco.
Here's the recipe.....just click HERE to go directly to Midwest Living and print off this amazing salad!
This salad (even without the dressing) is citrusy and bright and delicious!
Bibb lettuce and Romaine and grapefruit and orange pieces.
There's queso fresco cheese and avocado and
red onion and of course jicama.
just amazing dressing to go along with this vibrant salad.
And don't forget to use Jicama (found in the produce section), looks like a round turnip with brown skin.
NOT "Show me the money!"
The other line....."You had me at hello."
Provides crunch and an interesting textured flavor.
Midwest Living magazine and print off this awesome salad.
Okay, so in closing, it looks like Tim and Little Boy Blue
are going fast in this go-kart but they are not.
(I had used the zoom lens on my camera to capture the joy in grandson and grandpa's faces, capturing a a fun moment in time for both of them.)
I could eat him up in one bite!
That's probably why he spends so much more time with his Grandpa than with me, he doesn't want to get eaten all up.
He'd rather be pulling out 28 year old 4-wheelers from the garage with his Grandpa and seeing if they run after
10 years in storage.
I guess the answer to the question of if the
4-wheeler still runs after 10 years, be yes that day :)
Okay kiddos, tis all I got for today!!
I will say though, the next recipe Ima share is a Butterscotch, Chocolate Chip, Pretzel cookie!
Sweet AND salty...the best life has to offer :)
Thanks for checking in, guys!
Hope everyone has a great Monday!!!
Have fun (but not too much fun that family members then have to bond you out of the
County Hilton :)
and we'll talk at ya soon!!!